18/04/2019

Otter light reconnaissance car

Very much an impulse buy when I saw it in the Early War Miniatures damaged remnants bin at York. I've patched up the four wheels and scratch built a turret.


I've given it markings for the 43rd Wessex Division to fit with the rest of my forces, but I don't know if they actually used any.

For those interested the turret was created with a cone of thin plasticard fitted and cut to shape. Then reinforced by a second layer and then the MG aperture cut out. The MG support was part of an old aircraft undercarriage.

2 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Great salvage rebuild. The turret looks to have been the trickiest bit - is that some sort of plastic cone shape cut to size?

Good work. Sadly, I didn't see another in the seconds bin.

Cheers, Andy

Steve C said...

Otter's were mainly used by the Canadians in Italy or NE Europe Will. Some were also issued to the RAF apparently

Really nice salvage job.


Steve