- WSS 517
- WW2 348
- Ancients 334
- Modern 236
- Napoleonic 67
- Colonial 64
- Terrain 62
- SYW 48
- AWI 26
Compared to plan
The big problem in now achieving my existing plan is the purchase of a 3D Resin printer, it has taken time to learn how to operate and then to conduct operations. The benefit has been to be able to print a lot of items at a more reasonable cost than direct purchase plus I can print in my preferred scale of 1/76 to match most of my WW2 collection. It's optimum operating temperature is 20-25C so I have tried to get my printing done before the cold weather gets going especially as it needs ventillation.
Back to my original plan:- I’ve decided to concentrate on five main painting/modelling themes this year, quite a bit is based on new and forthcoming releases:
- Complete rework of my Vietnam War collection by integrating the new figures from Orion - started with the newly released figures from Orion and still not decided about whether or not to repaint my older NVA to match
- War of Spanish Succession - French infantry and cavalry plus British cavalry, plus more as Strelets release them - Completed the existing infantry and cavalry and about to get started on more cavalry. I'm also waiting to see what Strelets next release in the winter will bring
- WW2 Japanese for Battlegroup Pacific - not started, I've now acquired a lot of figures in my last order, hopefully once I finish my current WSS I'll get started on these.
- Rebase my Early Imperial Romans - these are the last ancients that I haven't upgraded - Completed
- Napoleonics, Prussian cavalry, reworking old artillery limbers, Russian peasants for skirmish scenarios, more Spanish cavalry, potentially upgrade British infantry? - completed the Prussian cavalry and Russian peasants in Q1 nothing done since and I suspect the remainder will slip into 2022
Then a host of minor themes in order of preference rather than importance:
- WW2 SAS & LRDG. - Completed
- More "Three Musketeers", especially once the new Redbox mounted figures are available. - underway, hopefully finished shortly
- Colonials - Boer Artillery and French Foreign Legion in camp and 37mm. - Completed
- TYW Imperial Croatians/Polish Pancerni/Cossack horse archers/Russian hussars. - not started
- More British and Jacobite for the 45, WAS and SYW, when Redbox release more figures. - Not started, still waiting, but the British cavalry have been announced
- Medievals - Scottish shiltron, Revolting Peasants (Zvezda), other odd units for Montgisard. - not started - another for 2022
- SYW Austrian infantry (Roth - Wurtzberg) - Completed both Red and Blue Regiments
- Revolution Cisialpine Infantry - three or four 12 figure units. - not started - another for 2022
- The terrain I have failed to make for the last two years. - Vines and Russian fences completed, still need wadi sides, etc.
Then if time permits:
- More WW2 German cold weather infantry - 2 platoons. - not started - 2022
- Rework/Rebase Zulu War forces. - not started - 2022
I’m not making any plans for gaming, but once the show circuit starts I’ll try to get to as many as possible. Plus Crisis Point in April and a possible 2021 Big Game. Crisis in Antwerp would be a big attraction if it goes ahead Shows have started and I hope to get to some over the next few months. Crisis Point was run in September. The Airbus club has folded so my club gaming is now concentrated on the Beacon Gaming Club in Elton.