29/12/2021

Reinforcements for the BEF

AS part of my final push towards NYE, Here's some of my new 3D printed resin vehicle for the BEF, plus a little bit of old rework.
Some Matilda Mk I. It's quite iconic, and quite expensive to buy, and my single milicast models feels quite fragile. By comparison these are quite robust having been printed in one piece plus the turret
A13 Cruiser tanks, quite good for the period but rushed into combat with inevitable results
A pair of specials a Mk VI light tank with an AA turret and a Guy armoured car the predecessor to the Humber, plus a First to Fight 37mm Bofors AT gun.
Finally some rework, these were originally painted for my German army back in the mists of time when very few trucks were available. The body is Airfix, but the cargo deck and tilt on three came from some soft plastic toys, that for some reason had this part moulded in polystyrene (I never managed to find any more of them)

1 comment:

JohnM said...

Nice work as always Will.

About the lack of trucks, LOL - yes I remember that well.

I still have an old Airfiix Austin K6 truck standing in as an "Ersatz" Opel Blitz painted grey from 20+ years ago when it was impossible to get one anywhere.

Cheers.