27/06/2023

3D printing has ceased - for now

So a degree of normality has resumed as I don't have to keep the monster fed and cleaned up - it is just like a new born - always needing attention, getting prints ready, levelling, printing, cleaning and curing! So nice to sit back and reflect on the output.
Napoleonic Dutch infantry and militia - these will be used as Prussian reserve infantry
Thalassa triremes and penteconters, I preassembled the masts and saile to ensure they were robust enough. I also decided not to use the provided crew as the supports made them unusable and they weren't available without them.
15mm Bundeswehr infantry - I "based" the figures before printing. I also modified a unimog to make an open back version but it still needs work, ditto the Gepard turret
An assortment -loads of baggage camels (all with 4 legs), a couple of test French Dromedaries, German Hf2 wagons and horses, plus SYW Austrian Grenz
I've aleady started some of the Grenz and the Zulu commanders
Another assortment - a couple of Challengers to go with my Airfix Cromwells, The Lancia 3RO tanker and trailer for "DAK attack" (THe 28mm version for Dave W printed off OK), Water Buffalo for Vietnam (from my previous print run - but included to remind me) a trio of sdkfz 10s for Alan M; a pair of Indian Pattern Carriers ( I had a previous one "explode" as I didn't know it was hollow in the engine compartment.) Some undersized Zulu commanders, a trio of Castro and Che figures and loads of German DAK truck crew I have worked on and use as a filler in odd spaces in the prints.
More Waco gliders and Jeeps. Since the gliders would be shown landed I created a jeep and trailer to fit inside
Waterline versions of LVT2's I can add the superstructures from the land versions as needed. I just need to find a suitable base, ideally clear acylic. Also three FK96 77mm guns for my Turkish WW1 artillery.
Not shown are the Lancia 3RO tanker and trailer in 28mm as already mentioned, test prints of the Grenz & Zulus (under-sized), preassembled loads for Jeep trailers (already painted) and some bunker doors for using on some scratch built bunkers.

But already new files are appearing to tempt me, such as Dani Dunbars AA carts.

2 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Ah, the need to feed the machine. It's been busy of late. I'm much the same, got to exploit the warm weather while we can. Cheers, Andy

pancerni said...

Wheh! I can almost hear the printer yell FEED ME looking at all the items. A bit of painting to do now. Good luck.