Progress against plan Q3 2022

Again lack of progress, with the same pace continuing in Q3 as in Q2, and only completing 757 items so far this year. This is partly due to a number of problems with my resin printed vehicles, most of which have had to be drilled and drained of uncured resin. Even so some have still split and some irrepairably so.

Looking at progress against the detailed plan:-

First and foremost my plan is to meet with as many friends as possible, assuming that retrictions come to an end, other than that I'll be working on three themes. - underway - Beacon Wargames club is well established and we've now celebrated our first birthday. There have been less shows than pre-Covid and family comitments have continued to prevent me from attanding others. I had hoped to get to Attack at Devizes, but my Mother's guest room was suddenly shut down because of Covid.

Game specific projects
  • Pegasus bridge and Horsa glider for a D-Day game - assembled and base coated the bridge
  • Continuing to build my War of Spanish Succession forces, as quickly as Strelets release them - completed almost all my purchases, just a few commanders to follow. Maybe some new releases of cuirassiers shortly
  • Rebase/upgrade the whole of my Anglo-Zulu War armies including the Boers - not started
  • Attempt to rationalise my terrain - not started - due to family taking over the garage I missed the opportunity to have a sort out this summer
Reducing the existing stash, I'd like to make at least a 10% reduction - still underway - I had a purge in Q1 and sold some surplus on ebay and have started again in Q4
  • Paint the already printed WW2 French vehicles - Completed, and painted the extras I have printed. Now need to paint all the replacements for those that subsequently "exploded"
  • Extra Afrika Corps and Italian figures to convert my Rapid Fire troops to use Batttlegroup. - Completed
  • French Goumier Platoon - Completed
  • An Australian Platoon plus supports for the desert/Crete, etc - Completed.
  • WW2 German Gebirgsjaeger and remaining Two platoons of winter infantry - not started
  • Cavalry for the Seven Years War/Jacobite Rebellion - Completed
  • Napoleonic Spanish artillery and more cavalry - Completed
  • 1800 French in Egypt - double up the unit size from 12 to 24 - not started
  • French Revolution - Cisapline legion troops - Underway
  • More Crusader baggage and Saracen cavalry - not started
  • Imperial Croat cavalry and Polish pancerni - not started
  • WW1 odd bits and pieces - not started
Exploiting the 3D resin printer - I've learnt about post production problems, I have lost numerous vehicles due to the models "exploding". So far so good with my latest batches with have far larger vent/drain holes. I have also learnt how to slice and merge models using 4D builder.
  • Completing my Japanese forces for Pacific/Burma, by printing a selection of suitable vehicles to hopefully cover various 1941-1945 campaigns. - Almost complete - a whole range of tanks, vehicles and guns have been printed and painted. Now need to work on some Shin-Hoto Chi-Ha's and Ho-Ha APc that I subsequently decided to print and add to my collection
  • Gradually replacing poorly cast or moulded models with new resin prints - underway - in the latest print run I printed replacements for my existing Somua S35's, and then I had to reprint them once they "exploded" The latest print run included M10s and Sextons to replace my exisitng Armourfast and PSC versions
  • LVTs and any other extra vehicles so I can carry out Pacific beach landing games - Completed - LVT's printed and painted
  • Test printing of 20mm figures - Discovered the best approach was to print with a base, so I've learnt how to do that, but the bases do seem to be subject to warping
  • Components for buildings, doors, windows, shutters etc. - not started
  • Try some 1/100 moderns for NorthAG - Completed - printed a sufficient selection of West German vehicles for a Battlegroup Northag game
  • More vehicles for "Setting the East Ablaze" - underway - Lanchester armoured cars completed. , The Austin armoured cars that "exploded" have now been reprinted, and I still not found any suitable trucks

1 comment:

Alde Garde said...

Completed "just" 757 items in this year alone must be surely an understatement!
Love the things you do and envy your planning.