Looking at progress against the detailed plan:-
First and foremost my plan is to meet with as many friends as possible, assuming that retrictions come to an end, other than that I'll be working on three themes. - underway - Beacon Wargames club is well established and we've now celebrated our first birthday. There have been less shows than pre-Covid and family comitments have continued to prevent me from attanding others. I had hoped to get to Attack at Devizes, but my Mother's guest room was suddenly shut down because of Covid.
Game specific projects
- Pegasus bridge and Horsa glider for a D-Day game - assembled and base coated the bridge
- Continuing to build my War of Spanish Succession forces, as quickly as Strelets release them - completed almost all my purchases, just a few commanders to follow. Maybe some new releases of cuirassiers shortly
- Rebase/upgrade the whole of my Anglo-Zulu War armies including the Boers - not started
- Attempt to rationalise my terrain - not started - due to family taking over the garage I missed the opportunity to have a sort out this summer
Reducing the existing stash, I'd like to make at least a 10% reduction - still underway - I had a purge in Q1 and sold some surplus on ebay and have started again in Q4
- Paint the already printed WW2 French vehicles - Completed, and painted the extras I have printed. Now need to paint all the replacements for those that subsequently "exploded"
- Extra Afrika Corps and Italian figures to convert my Rapid Fire troops to use Batttlegroup. - Completed
- French Goumier Platoon - Completed
- An Australian Platoon plus supports for the desert/Crete, etc - Completed.
- WW2 German Gebirgsjaeger and remaining Two platoons of winter infantry - not started
- Cavalry for the Seven Years War/Jacobite Rebellion - Completed
- Napoleonic Spanish artillery and more cavalry - Completed
- 1800 French in Egypt - double up the unit size from 12 to 24 - not started
- French Revolution - Cisapline legion troops - Underway
- More Crusader baggage and Saracen cavalry - not started
- Imperial Croat cavalry and Polish pancerni - not started
- WW1 odd bits and pieces - not started
Exploiting the 3D resin printer - I've learnt about post production problems, I have lost numerous vehicles due to the models "exploding". So far so good with my latest batches with have far larger vent/drain holes. I have also learnt how to slice and merge models using 4D builder.
- Completing my Japanese forces for Pacific/Burma, by printing a selection of suitable vehicles to hopefully cover various 1941-1945 campaigns. - Almost complete - a whole range of tanks, vehicles and guns have been printed and painted. Now need to work on some Shin-Hoto Chi-Ha's and Ho-Ha APc that I subsequently decided to print and add to my collection
- Gradually replacing poorly cast or moulded models with new resin prints - underway - in the latest print run I printed replacements for my existing Somua S35's, and then I had to reprint them once they "exploded" The latest print run included M10s and Sextons to replace my exisitng Armourfast and PSC versions
- LVTs and any other extra vehicles so I can carry out Pacific beach landing games - Completed - LVT's printed and painted
- Test printing of 20mm figures - Discovered the best approach was to print with a base, so I've learnt how to do that, but the bases do seem to be subject to warping
- Components for buildings, doors, windows, shutters etc. - not started
- Try some 1/100 moderns for NorthAG - Completed - printed a sufficient selection of West German vehicles for a Battlegroup Northag game
- More vehicles for "Setting the East Ablaze" - underway - Lanchester armoured cars completed. , The Austin armoured cars that "exploded" have now been reprinted, and I still not found any suitable trucks