21/10/2022

Not my usual French cavalry

But those from WW2, 3D printed as needed for RF Blitzkieg Battlegroups. I would have used the HaT figures for WW1 but they are currently unobtainable at sensible prices.
Like the motorcyclists there are some fragile parts, and I need to investigate some more flexible/robust resin before I use the printed for major production of figures. The sculpting is a bit crude, but passible for WW2 as there are far fewer details.
I also printed off some dismounted figures
Both the mounted and dismounted figures came unbased, so I learnt how to digitally add the bases before printing, which had the advantage I could print them the exact size and shape I wanted. The only downside was they warped slightly on curing/drying in the sun.

2 comments:

pancerni said...

Such a grand reach of projects via 3d printing! They look good for g.aming

Andy Canham said...

Nice work Will, they have come out fine.

Cheers, Andy