06/03/2023

Hammerhead 2023

A change is as good as a rest they say and so it was with my trip to Hammerhead instead of WMMS. Andy was the driver for this trip and we left on Friday and met up with another party from the Beacon club at the hotel, where we spent the afternoon and evening gaming. Saturday was cool and dry, so after a substantial breakfast I was ready for the fray and with no need to stop to find lunch.
Our objective was to make a tour round the traders and then join in a couple of games we fancied. A false hope, It took nearly three and a half hours to tour round the traders combined with various stops to talk to friends many of whom I hadn't seen since Covid. Then after a short break for tea and reflection on what we had missed, we made a final quick pass till it was time for us to leave.
Some pictures of the games that interested me

"What a comboy" but set in the 1920s, a very innovative game and one we almost joined and in retrospect should have.
Some inspiration - Spanish volunteer infantry it would be nice to add units like these to my 20mm Spanish army
Epic Armageddon - almost all 3D printed
Wars of the Roses using modified "Fire and Fury"
The vital statistics are recorded on markers with the units
Indian hill fort.
Cold war gone hot, complete with tactical neuclear weapons
Nice modular hex terrain
My booty, hopefully the die-cast cars will be suitable for 20mm back of beyond games.
Overall a great day but just a shame to miss out on some of the games.

4 comments:

Umpapa said...

Great photos.

What producer are those cars?

MiniWargamer said...

Wonderful photos! I had to look twice tat the Epic game to see the mass of grey armor on the left. Props to their camo designer. I notice in the modern game that the gentleman attending had turned away from the blasts and closed his eyes. No loss of vision for him!

Fire at Will said...

MiniWargamer I know the gamer involved and he was talking to my mate Andy at the time

Umpapa nothing clear, underneath it says model 303 made in China. I have seen them in the window of our local Oxfam shop. Typically it was closed and when I next got chance to visit they were gone.

Andy Canham said...

Nice. Shame we didn't have time to get involved in the 1920's western, I'd have been interested to see the system they were using. I suspect Dead Man's Hand or Zombicide could be tweaked enough to give a good game.