29/12/2018

Last game of the year - early ECW

Aninteresting change of pace for the last game of the year, a big game using early ECW troops and the latest adaptations to FoG-R. The venue was at Bristol Independent Gaming a lot further south than my usual haunts and meeting up with old and new SOGG friends. I managed a few pictures from the game, which resulted in a Parliament win.

The game

Position at the end of turn 1 with my right wing parliamentary cavalry handing back to create a difficult target for the numerically and qualitatively superior Royalist horse.


The defile of death where the Royalist cavalry were caught in a crossfire by the Roundhead cavalry and then routed in succession by Hazelriggs Lobsters, the one decent Parliamentary cavalry unit.


The Roundhead cavalry is now in position to roll up the Royalist line


My cavalry get into action, but on my terms so the Royalist can't all attack me at once and I managed to jsu hold the line till the Royalist army broke.

Don's picture of the game well underway with the author on the left

1 comment:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

With the author on the *right*.. :o)

Nice looking game indeed, Will!