28/12/2018

BEF Carriers

The last of this years painting bren and scout carriers for my BEF. They are marked up as the 3rd Division bren carriers (rear) and 1st Armoured Division scout carriers (front). There are no arm of service markings yet as I haven't found any with the correct numbers.

In the background are a couple of 25pdr limbers recovered with the wheels from BPM.

For those interested in the quality of the 3D printing from BPM here's a close-up. I tried to dry-brush along the grain of the printing so it didn't show up too much.

Crews are various figures recovered from the old Airfix universal carrier set!

2 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Great work - no significant sign of print lines on those photos.

Unknown said...

Morning Will,

I have followed your blog for many years and marvelled at your productivity! It is always inspiring and your work is first rate.

I am about to venture into the world of 20mm for the first time (well for around 35 years when I first had the Coastal Defence set for Christmas!)

I am going to be playing Chain of Command in the main but also possibly Bolt Action, so platoon level WW2. I have been charmed by Early War Miniatures, but I know your expertise is plastics. So what advice can you give as to where to go?

My chosen period is the Fall of France and initially will be British and German. Do you stick to 1/72 or 1/76 as much as possible or do you find the variations between some manufacturers make the difference in size negligible? I really like the look of Hat figures but can't seem to find a German infantry set, although they do some interesting boxes of support types.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and please keep up the good work!

Regards

Sean